Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Kitchen Duty Called




First off I will post a picture of the moonflower bloom from last night. It wasn't as open as they usually get but it was pretty cold last night and that could have had something to do with it. Looking closely at the plant I think I see the start of a few more buds. Hope it stays warm enough for them to mature.








Today was another busy one blanching and freezing vegetables for the winter. I managed to get the last of the blueberries into the freezer as well. I just thinned the carrots out a bit and still managed to get three bags for the freezer and enough for supper tonight as well. Of course there was the saga of the never ending beans as well.....two bags of yellow beans rest in my freezer and 4 bags of green beans.




Then this afternoon while listening to TV (I get tired of the absolute silence after awhile and talking to oneself is frowned on) I finished cutting out the denim quilt patches that I started last night. I now have a sister in law dropping old jeans off for me to use. Means I should be kept pretty busy cutting quilt patches over the next little while.


I hope all of you are having a wonderful evening. Off to visit.


God bless.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jackie...I'm so happy you have a bloom...these are so pretty and I love their name...

    You have been busy...but come this winter you are going to being eating such wonderful veggies and yum, all the jelly, too delish...hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our veggie garden is just now starting to produce so in the next couple of weeks I'll be the one who's busy canning and pickling while you'll be able to relax:-) It went down to 12c here last night, quite a drastic change from the 30c we had during the day! Today it's sunny with no humidity so it feels great.

    Your moonflower is gorgeous, I've never tried growing one before but I have heard about them.

    A denim quilt...how much fun is that?!! I can't wait to see it when it's all done:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete