Monday, August 17, 2009

Look What I Found

Yesterday I was looking at my Moonflower, despairing of ever getting a blossom on it this year. Finally my gaze wondered to the bottom of the plant.






Look a bud! Hidden at the bottom in the back of the plant.






This evening it is starting to open. While it won't be as big as last years showing I am happy to be getting anything at all considering the weather we have been having.


I hope to get a picture of the full bloom tonight and post it tomorrow.




Right now it looks as if another storm is moving in. Seems as if the sun has decided to move east for awhile, sure hope she comes back.


Everybody have a wonderful evening. I'm off to visit all of you now.


God bless.

3 comments:

  1. OH~~ I love moon flowers, your garden is doing so good. I can't wait to see the picture tomorrow. I wish we were getting a strom. The drought is so bad we can only water 3 days a week. So my garden is on hold this year. They say this winter we will have lots of rain I sure hope so.
    Hugs,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the moonflower. I had some but they didn't winter and I've never found them again.

    Your storm is moving our way. We've had a week without any rain, but the outlook for the end of the week looks grim.

    Enjoy your week, my friend.
    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you!! My moonflower did not bloom at all. I have better luck with my morning glory seeds.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete