Monday, November 9, 2015

Menu Monday

I did a bit of a change around of the menu for the month. Seems, as I was putting the packaged chicken in the fridge freezer I noticed something unsettling. Bagged and packaged leftovers piling up.

Now we all know that not using something up is not at all frugal, and leaving things to languish in the freezer is part of this category. My menu now takes into account all those bags of yummy food in the freezer and they will be used up post haste.

Monday

Soup and Grilled Cheese Sandwiches (this will use up a container of soup in the freezer).

Tuesday

Some of the Leftover Chicken made into a casserole of some type (bag of frozen chicken out of freezer). I will probably serve some fresh veggies and dip along side (even though the only fresh veggies I have are 1/2 green pepper and some celery).

Wednesday

Leftover Ham from freezer along with some mashed potatoes and peas... This could become scalloped potatoes and be served with peas.

Thursday

Clean out the fridge night. I will make some biscuits to go along with whatever is left in the fridge.

Friday

I work today, but plan on making some lazy perogies. I may get a start on them the night before and just pop them in the oven when I get home.

Saturday

Baked pork chops, rice, and green beans.

Sunday

Pork roast, mashed potatoes, peas and carrots.

So there you have it the weeks dinner menu, this menu will remove a few bags and a container from my freezer. I hope to have the fridge freezer cleared out in no time.

Everybody have a wonderful day.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment