Friday, February 8, 2019

Winter's Blast/Frugal Friday

Usually in February we have a bit of a break from the cold, not this year.

Today I woke up to temperatures not fit for man or beast. Right now it is -43 C with the wind (what little there is) making it feel like -55C. Not a pleasant winter's day at all. I hear very little traffic on the roads right now and my mug of coffee feels very nice between my palms. I am very pleased that I actually ventured out into the cold yesterday to get my errands done.

I doubt the furnace has turned off at all through the night and it is running pretty steadily this morning as well. Me, well I am staying put where it is nice and warm, hopefully continuing on the purge and finishing projects as well (got to get a few things marked off that goal list for the month). I am going to make sure that Harvey does as well. He can continue the clean up of the back part of the basement, or work on his jigsaw.

I am hoping that I can find 5 frugal happenings here this past week (my brain does not always function very well this early in the morning.

1.  Using up items from the fridge freezer. Getting bonus meals from doing this as well.

2.  Two meatless meals this week (not sure if Harvey is happy about that, but it is what it is).

3.  Used fabric from my stash to make a knit tunic and to finally get those soup bowl cozies made as well.

4.  Got a free jar of peanut butter at the grocery yesterday because I spent a certain amount of cash there.

5.  Combined errands so did not use much gas or have too much wear and tear on the vehicle.

I hope to have some finished projects to show you all tomorrow.

Everybody have a wonderful day.

God bless.

3 comments:

  1. Jackie, this cold spell is oppressive. It's been -30-40C since Sunday. This morning, -34C looks good! It's all relative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blowing a gale here...feels chilly....but nothing like your chilly! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. brrr...sounds so cold there. Our day has started out cloudy, cold and wind...I am SOOO ready for hot weather.

    ReplyDelete