Friday, February 1, 2019

Update On My Victories and Failures For January

1.  Knit a temperature blanket. (This is a year long project so will be number one every month). Been doing my row every day.
2.  Sew some winter clothing that is already cut out.  Not completed so will be moved to this month.
3.  Finish our quilt. (This project has been three years in the making) Started the hand quilting.
4.  Make some soup bowl cozies for our own use.  Moved to this month
5.  Knit 4 pairs of mittens for myself using the lovely yarn Kris got me for Christmas. Done
6.  Knit a couple of headbands to match the mittens. Done

7.  Knit one prayer shawl this month. Done
8.  Make more meatless meals this year (another ongoing goal). Managed four mostly meatless meals.

9.  Finish the embroidery project started in October. Moved to this month.
10.  Clean up pictures on the computer. Done.
11.  Declutter. (Once again an ongoing monthly goal). I made it up to 44 items leaving the house this month.

12.  Up walking speed on treadmill. Done
13.  Fill out paperwork for my upcoming tests. Done
14.  Plant rooted vines. Done
15.  Get all the decorations away and condense them into fewer totes. Done

Actually I managed to get more done than I thought I would. Still I would have like to get a few more items crossed off the list.

So now I get to list the goals for this month.

1.  Work on temperature blanket every day.

2.  Sew winter clothing.

3.  Work on our quilt.

4.  Try for 5 meatless meals this month.

5.  Finish embroidery project.

6.  Knit one prayer shawl.

7.  Sew three infinity scarves.

8.  Continue with decluttering.

9.  Knit one cardigan or vest for me.

10.  Sew two large pillow cases.

11.  Make Soup bowl cozies.

So those are my goals for this month. Just a few less than last month so hopefully I will get more crossed off.

Tomorrow we are supposed (notice I say supposed) to get a fairly heavy snowfall. In fact most of the province is under a snowfall warning or a winter storm warning. We could use the moisture and as there is no place I have to be I will be quite content staying in and working on my goals for the month.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


4 comments:

  1. Jackie, I don't see any failures on that list. I've had a pile of culled clothes in the basement for well over a year. I am happy to report that they were sorted and taken to the recycle store this past week. The jeans will be taken to the quilting club next week. Failure? It did take a year. I feel victorious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would sa you got alot done. Certainly more than I did. I have been wanting to make those cozies for a few years or at least buy some online. Will have to do one or the other. I divided my son's Christmas things into a box for him, sothat when he has his own place he will have stuff to begin with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to have plans. Looks like you have done a lot all ready.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a productive month to me, very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete