Thursday, January 31, 2019

Thursday Tidbits

The frigid weather has broken for a few days, I even managed to get a bit of a walk outside this afternoon to get the mail. I used my walking poles just to be on the safe side. It really was lovely to be out in the fresh air.

Shopping was done early this morning and my goodness have prices risen over the past month. Part could be because of the carbon tax that has been levied, but I have a feeling that it has more to do with my healthier eating habits. Fresh produce does not come cheap at this point in the year. 

I ended up moving some of my unfinished projects for the month to next month. Hopefully a few more will be wrapped up and gone for good. 

Here is a photo of the first month of the year done in knitting. Only 11 more months to go, so this is one project that will be carried on for the entire year. This project will use up a great many of those orphan skeins and balls of yarn. Making a bit more room in my sewing/crafting area. Hopefully enough will be gone over the next few months that I can actually get my second serger set up with dark thread.

I finished up the budget and while we went over in one or three categories we ended up being under budget for the month!! Hope to shave a bit more off here and there.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.



2 comments:

  1. I like your project to use up left over balls and skeins of wool. Is it a blanket?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is going to end up being a blanket. A bit of a change from the squares I usually knit and sew together.

      God bless.

      Delete