Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Goals

I have always made goals for myself....

It used to be I would make goals that lasted an entire year. Okay, truth be told they were resolutions and not goals. Needless to say most of these were not kept, or pushed aside when things became a bit rough.

Now I make monthly goals. Most of the time I manage to keep at least half of them, and the other half is usually moved to the next month and of course I add to the list. So it goes each and every month.

I noticed that I am following the same route this year. It is time to break it, but I have so much to accomplish that I have a feeling I will fall back into this habit.

One year I posted my goals each month here on my blog and surprise I did manage to do better than 50%. So this year I have decided to give this a try again.

So even though it is the 9th of the month and a bit late to be doing so, I am posting the list.

1.  Knit a temperature blanket. (This is a year long project so will be number one every month).

2.  Sew some winter clothing that is already cut out.

3.  Finish our quilt. (This project has been three years in the making)

4.  Make some soup bowl cozies for our own use.

5.  Knit 4 pairs of mittens for myself using the lovely yarn Kris got me for Christmas.

6.  Knit a couple of headbands to match the mittens.

7.  Knit one prayer shawl this month.

8.  Make more meatless meals this year (another ongoing goal).

9.  Finish the embroidery project started in October.

10.  Clean up pictures on the computer.

11.  Declutter. (Once again an ongoing monthly goal).

12.  Up walking speed on treadmill.

13.  Fill out paperwork for my upcoming tests.

14.  Plant rooted vines.

15.  Get all the decorations away and condense them into fewer totes.

Some of these are already completed, but others seem to be just out of reach. Lets see how many I actually complete this time around.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

2 comments:

  1. They sound like great goals, I agree it's always good to set yourself some thing to aim for. Its so good to be able to tick off those achieved

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun accomplishing all these goals. I tend to put my to dos in my diary at the beginning of the month or the beginning of the week or on the day itself. That way my diary fills up and there's always something to do to keep me busy.
    xx

    ReplyDelete