Wednesday, January 30, 2019

And The Cold Continues!!!!!

The last few days have been bitterly cold due to the polar vortex. I think it has been the worst cold snap we have had for the last few years. Up and down, a few days not too bad, and then the piercing cold has hit once again.

The night before last we hit a low of -47 C with a windchill bringing it down so it felt like well below -50 C. 

At times like this the only safe thing to do is stay inside and if you are forced to go out (like I was yesterday) you bundle up so you end up looking like the old Micheline Tire Man. 

Tomorrow is supposed to be much better, with a gradual warming up over the next few days. However another cold snap is heading our way and should hit late on the weekend. 

Staying in has at least given me time to work around the house. I finished the mitts and headbands, even have a bit of yarn left over. I considered tossing the small balls, but then decided that perhaps making a few squares at some point and starting another one of my many coloured afghans at some point (need to get other projects completed first of course).

I started a cardigan for myself, using yarn that I picked up at the Salvation Army many years ago. It is moving along nicely and much quicker than the hand quilting I am trying to do.

Today I entered most of the paid bills and receipts in the budget sheets. Tomorrow I will enter the last few for the month. So far we are under our total budget, but I will know more after the final tally.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

3 comments:

  1. I've been watching the news and reading about the weather on the internet. It's positively freezing here but nothing low you're experiencing. I hope you it breaks for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're keeping safe. We're forecast snow tonight I think here in London, but it's nowhere near as cold as where you are. Keep warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been watching the news and the amazing pictures from your area. Keep warm and safe. Also watching Micheal Portillo visiting your region in Greatest Railway Journeys (current series here) and it looks absolutely beautiful in the late summer.

    ReplyDelete