Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Thrifty Tuesday

Well, I don't really know how thrifty I have been this week but a few thrifty ideas have happened around the old homestead. Mostly along the lines of using up what I already have. Paid for it so I am going to get my monies worth!

Today I pulled out the mending pile and mended a couple of Harvey's socks. I think his feet decide to eat their way through the fabric every so often. I also fixed some buttons on one of his shirts.

It just dawned on me a few moments ago, as I was knitting on the prayer shawl for this month that I will actually have enough yarn to knit a second one. Takes care of February's shawl (or if I knit really fast the second shawl for this month, doubtful though) and not having to search out on sale yarn is a biggie right now.

I have also started a temperature blanket. I knit one row a day according to that day's temperature. I am going by the "feels like" temperature. This is going to use up lots of those leftover balls and skeins of yarn in my stash.

I managed to use up some of those little travel bottles of lotion. Having them always handy makes them much easier to remember about.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

2 comments:

  1. I like what you said about using up what you paid for. I am in the process of cleaning out my kitchen cupboards and drawers. They are full of bargins and items brought on sale I forgot about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you too. Still eating the leftovers from Christmas and starting to clear out the fridge. Can't start my diet until it's all gone!
    xx

    ReplyDelete