Friday, March 27, 2020

Frugal Friday

Hopefully I can find 5 frugal happenings on the old homestead this week.

1.  Combined errands when I went shopping this week. Not that I had that many errands to run.

2.  We got a free loaf of garlic bread.

3.  I am using up fabric and yarn from my stashes to make things such as masks and dishcloths.

4.  Daily walks are keeping me sane, and seeing the daily changes in the world around me is helping me realize that each new day brings something exciting to see.

5.  Stretching meals to get as much as possible out of each item bought. For the first time ever I saw limits on various meats when shopping.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


5 comments:

  1. I've been reducing our portion size a little as we're less active than normal. It all helps to make food last a little longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many limits on foodstuffs here but we remain upbeat and have started setting seeds for future use. We are certainly thankful for the hens and their daily eggs. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw limits on meats and other things when I shopped yesterday. Interesting times as in the US only the quite elderly will have experienced food rationing during WWII. At least I can't think of another time except perhaps for short term delivery problems caused by weather. Of course there were the gasoline shortages and lines decades ago so I guess we may have more experience with this than I think! Take care and enjoy your walks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't see any limits on meat during shopping today, but definitely still on paper products.

    Enjoy the weather this weekend, it looks like it will be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even is one can get food, it is certainly not the time, to be frivolous with it. We cooked way too much chicken in crock pot the other day... And we just kept eating it! In fact there is still a bit more, for lunch, today!!!!!!

    Perhaps we have had it too easy. Perhaps we will learn old fashioned values, again... I certainly hope this will bring back the idea of keeping a well stocked pantry. At all times. Just because it's a good idea. Not for hoarding.

    Re: the above comment. -smile- My husband and I were born before WWII, so we do remember rationing.

    Gentle hugs
    🌸🌸🌸

    ReplyDelete