Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Thrifty Tuesday

I have been spending my time baking, sewing, mending and knitting over the past week.

Bread has been baked twice, soup has been made twice using the bits and bobs in the fridge. Once again I had a pair of wool socks to darn, and a belt loop to fix on a pair of dress trousers. 

Baking has consisted of using up items in the cupboard, so even though I haven't cleaned them out yet they look a bit better. Not so cluttered. I needed some graham wafer crumbs today and did not have any, so I made some graham wafers into crumbs. Worked perfectly.

Slowly but surely I am working my way through my yarn stash and through those cut out patterns that have been languishing in the sewing room. I will have some new outfits for the spring and summer once these are done.

Soup is such a thrifty and filling meal, especially on a cold winter's night. I have managed to use up some of the stock I have frozen, making room for more when Christmas is over. Stock making is so simple and thrifty that I just don't know why more people don't give it a try.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

3 comments:

  1. I agree stock is simple and thrifty I do it all the time, and soup is so cheap to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im looking forward to cooking the turkey so I can make stock from the bones. Occasionally the supermarket will have a tray of bones for a few pence ideal for stock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This year we've started to have regular 'soup suppers'. It's a great way to eat healthily and cheaply... and it fits in well with my work patterns (I teach harp and piano in the early evenings). Jx

    ReplyDelete