Saturday, August 18, 2018

Saturday Roundup

Another wash, rinse and repeat kind of day. More beans and tomatoes frozen for use this winter, and a couple of cucumbers made into a salad for supper tonight. 

When we go to the football game tomorrow I plan on taking some beans, cucumbers and tomatoes up to Kris. That will clear things out a little bit (not much as I will need to pick even more cucumbers tomorrow).

I did finish one project though. I made the little hat decorations for our Christmas tree using up some of the yarn from my stash.

Here is a picture of the finished project.
For anyone that has small leftover balls of yarn and are interested on how these are fashioned, I will share how they are made.

First you need cardboard tubes either from toilet paper or paper towels. Mark the tubes in 1/2 to 1 inch intervals (for mine I did 1 inch)

Cut apart.

Once this is completed, you can cut your lengths of yarn. 

I cut mine approximately 8 inches in length. These are then folded in half.

The halved yarn is passed through the inside of the cut ring of cardboard and the ends are passed through the loop at the top. The yarn is then tightened.

Like so. Continue until the ring of cardboard is well covered.

Now you can either tie everything together at the top now. Trim and add a hanger or do what I prefer to do. That is push all the loose ends back up through the center of the covered tube.

Like so and tie, even the puff at the top, and add a piece of yarn as a hanger.

And there you have it. A small and fairly quick decoration for your tree, a present tag or even as something you could make a garland from. Made from leftovers and something you recycle.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.






2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting these Jackie. Goodness knows, I have PLENTY of yarn, and I'm going to try these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. I couldn’t picture them but now seeing the photos they make sense.

    ReplyDelete