Saturday, September 15, 2018

Saturday Round Up

I am typing this up early today as Harvey and I will be heading into the city for the football game this evening. It is going to be a chilly and wet one. We will pick up Kris and head out for a meal before we hit the stadium.

Thought I would share a few pictures of our hike on the last full day we were in Jasper. We did the Valley of the Five Lakes trail (and a bit more, because we got mixed up on our directions)

Map of the hike at the trailhead.

Ignore the finger in the bottom corner. I am afraid that I am still working on getting my picture taking with my phone down. This is the Fourth Lake

A picture of the Third Lake. Notice no finger in this one.

Still the third lake. I took this one sitting in the red chairs they have in all of our National Parks. Believe me at this point we needed a bit of a rest. Seems as if some of the way was almost straight down. I needed Harvey at a few points to hang onto as there were no close trees.

The Second Lake. 
The First Lake. This one had a dock we could wonder out on and gaze at the scenery around us.

Now you may notice something. All these lakes look eerily similar. In fact I told Harvey here on the prairies going by size alone we would probably consider them ponds. However, with such clear water where we could see the bottom even at the end of this dock, Harvey decided to use his hiking stick and see how deep it was..... Needless to say when he put the stick in the water he could not reach the bottom. So about 20 ft. out the depth was well over 4 ft. Harvey said he could see where the hiking stick ended and the floor of the lake started and guessed he had another at least 3 ft. before he would be able to touch.

We made it back to the cabin, had a rest and then headed into town. There I bought some bath salts to soak our weary bones in.

Everybody have a wonderful day.

God bless.





1 comment:

  1. What a lovely hike...
    Hope the football game ended the way you wanted....

    ReplyDelete