Thursday, September 27, 2018

Thursday Tid Bits

Still not the warmest of falls, but at least the rain has stopped for awhile. This has enabled me to pick the remaining peppers and Harvey to finally get the garden worked up and ready for the winter. Still we have to get all the furniture stored for the winter and a couple more pots of flowers emptied.

I spent much of this past week cleaning house. More or less getting caught up on household tasks that I let slip by me while on vacation and visiting the aunts. I think I am pretty much caught up now, just a few small tasks to be completed tomorrow along with my regular household tasks.

Slowly but surely we are getting ready for the winter. Air conditioners will be either removed or covered over the next few weeks. Harvey has changed the oil in the snow blower and made sure it is running smoothly.

I am still trying to eat down the freezers before we make a stock up trip sometime next month and we are very low on a few items. Bacon being one of those items. I might actually have to break down and buy some the next time it is on sale. 

Garden produce is slowly being processed (slowly because I am waiting for tomatoes to ripen) and plans for Thanksgiving are being made. 

At the end of this week I will be entering numbers into the budget and already know that there was a bit of over spending on our holiday. Really trying to keep other costs down where possible.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

1 comment:

  1. There's always something, isn't there? The first of this season's house concerts is scheduled for tomorrow. As my predecessor said, time to clean house and cook something nice. Winter preparations are under way - gardens cleaned out, rain barrels emptied, condition lawnmower and garden tiller, put lawn deco items and verandah furniture away, haul fire wood. The first batch of tomatoes were canned today. Snow will come and I will cook/eat differently, get the books out, plan the card parties. Snow means slow.

    ReplyDelete