Saturday, June 15, 2019

Saturday Roundup

This week has whizzed on by. I am sure that as I age the days fly by on wings of very speedy birds. It has not been a week with lots going on, but enough has occurred to make each day seem like there are not enough hours.

I did another weeding of the perennial bed and the long planters. I even pulled mini tree seedlings out of the pots, especially the tomato pot. Today we put the cage around it to hold it up.

At the beginning of the week we got some hail. 

Forgive the blurry picture, I was dodging hail stones at the time. Thank heavens nothing too big as I got hit on the head. I should also say thank goodness I have a fairly hard head as I just had some tenderness and a bit of a bump.

This one was taken from the safety of the doorway. While there were a very few larger ones, no damage was caused to my plants.

We got the thermostat working properly which is a very good thing. In this area one needs to be able to control the temperature for those 35C and above days, as well as those -40C days in the winter. Having a thermostat that jumped from 17C to 29C was not a good thing.

Harvey managed to take apart my vacuum which broke down (second item this month and it is only just over a year old). He plans on phoning the company on Monday to see if they will send him the part he needs. Until it is fixed I will use the ear jarring shop vac.

My new TV arrived and we managed to get it set up. I also managed to get the android box set up and working with the help of some wonderfully instructive texts from Kris.

I even managed some sewing (also knitting in the evenings).

This quilt is the replacement for Harvey's morning snuggle quilt. The old one was even beyond mending.

This quilt will be used for our family reunion silent auction. Hope it raises a few dollars as what is raised is used to pay for our big family supper the next year. We didn't do very well last year so I am thinking we might have to pay a bit this year.

I even managed to get another long awaited project completed.

These knit wide legged pants have been waiting in the sewing room for awhile. Just need to wash and press them now. Super comfortable!!

Rhubarb has been picked and frozen. With the cool weather I am hoping to get a few more harvests before my plants go to seed.

Harvey got some tickets for one of his beloved Saskatchewan Roughrider games. I kind of want to pick up another two tickets for him for Father's Day tomorrow and will do so early. Must go to see the game between the Riders and Blue Bombers on Labour Day. It is a tradition. He did give up his season tickets as the drive home from late night games was a problem.

So there you have the last week in pretty much a nutshell.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.





No comments:

Post a Comment