Sunday, December 1, 2019

Sunday Ramblings

The First Sunday in Advent, one of my favourite seasons in the Catholic Churches liturgical year. 

I don't know if you have noticed the same thing as I have over the past few years. People rush, from place to place, stressing over the perfect Christmas and not taking the time to enjoy the build up to Christmas. The anticipation of waiting, expecting the most wonderful present of all. The gift of our Saviour. 

Usually the first Sunday of Advent is when I put the decorations on the tree. Harvey usually brings it up on Saturday, gets the lights on and leaves me to it. This year was no different. 

It takes me awhile to decorate the tree as many of the ornaments have a story. I always have to relive that unique story each ornament imparts. Some are decorations the boys made growing up, some are gifts from them as they grew older. Still others are ornaments I have picked up on our travels, and yet others are ones that graced our tree as I grew up. 

Taking the time to cherish each and every memory, makes me slow down and realize that the greatest gift we were ever given is promised to us each and every year.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

1 comment:

  1. It must be lovely to have things made by your children to hang in your tree.

    ReplyDelete