Friday, January 3, 2020

Frugal Friday

I think I might be back on the frugal band wagon, or at least getting closer. I will be looking for even more frugal ideas over the next week or so.

1.  Grocery shopping this week and while I did not have as big a savings as usual, I did save a bit. I also got $10.00 off my total order because I spent $100.00. 

2.  Picked up some citrus three wick candles for half price.

3.  My neighbour brought me over a pumpkin from her daughters garden. I processed it last night and now have pumpkin puree for the freezer (probably enough for three pies).

4.  One of Harvey's gifts for Christmas was a few white t-shirts (he uses these as pj tops) so he pulled the old tattered ones and took them downstairs. He made them into work rags.

5.  With the new entertainment/fireplace unit I don't have the room for pictures that I did before. Harvey has fashioned me one shelf with some brackets he had downstairs and the glass doors from the old entertainment unit. Looks lovely. He plans on making the second door into another shelf as well.

6.  Gas prices are still ridiculously high here so I did not fill the vehicle. I will wait until the price hopefully falls a bit. However with the strike at the Coop refinery and the trouble in the middle east right now, that could be a dream for the future. Prices could go up and not down.

Everybody have a wonderful day. 

God bless.

12 comments:

  1. What a clever idea for making shelves! I think a lot of us are trying to get back into our frugal habits after the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Halloween pumpkins were processed just before Christmas. I plan on using the puree for soups and muffins. I've finally got to the bottom of the holiday leftovers with only one serving of pickle soup left. Time to make chicken pot pie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's interesting that fuel prices have risen in your city, here in Regina they've stayed the same. However, with the recent attacks by the US I suspect we're in for it. Scary times!

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems as if the price here in Estevan is always a bit higher than Regina. I can't understand it at all.

      God bless.

      Delete
  4. How lovely, to have husbands, who are "handy," as the old saying goes. -smile- Your new shelf sounds lovely.

    My husband has enjoyed woodworking, all his life. His retirement was easy, having this hobby, already in his life.

    ⛄ 📕 ⛄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harvey used to do most of the work around the house, from putting on shingles to plumbing and electrical. Now he says he is getting to old to do those types of things and so stays busy making items in his workroom that we can use around the house.

      God bless.

      Delete
  5. Just wondering.... I recently asked my Dear Readers, about the ease of reading my blog.

    For myself, I prefer a larger print, which makes reading so much easier. And my Dear Readers seem to also.

    Just wondering, if you have ever thought of making your blog print, a little larger in size?

    Or perhaps asking your Dear Readers.... If any, would like a larger size? I don't expect you, to make your print larger, just for me. -smile-

    Possibly...

    ⛄ 📕 ⛄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have made my blog print bigger and made it darker. For some reason even though I have black chosen for my type colour, it comes out a grey when posted. I just need to remember to go back and edit it to the black again.

      God bless.

      Delete
  6. I've never had pumpkin pie, perhaps one day I'll have a go and make one. They don't sell them in the UK. Petrol/gas prices always seem to go up and not down.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are blessed with a talented husband.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I count him in my blessings daily. Life would not be the same without him.

      God bless.

      Delete
  8. You are indeed lucky having a handy husband. Gas prices are at $115.9 per litre here at the moment.

    ReplyDelete