Monday, January 20, 2020

Menu Monday

Wow, the third full week of this month has arrived. Only one more and January will be done and dusted. 

Monday

I did not feel like poultry two nights in a row so I moved todays meal to yesterday and we will have the roast chicken today. Served with roasted carrots, and roasted potatoes and perhaps some coleslaw rather than a tossed salad.

Tuesday

Pulling out the leftover frozen beef roast and using it to make a casserole. I have a meeting at the church this evening so it will be something fast and easy to clean up.

Wednesday

This time it will be the leftover ham. I think I will use up some puff pastry and make some ham pasties.

Thursday

A clean out the fridge night.

Friday

Soup (probably one of the containers of lentil soup from the freezer) and some egg salad sandwiches.

Saturday

It is supposed to be nice and since we have not had our date night this month as of yet (due to the very cold, frost bite can occur in minutes weather) perhaps this would be the perfect evening to do so. If not well meatloaf, mashed potatoes and green beans are on the menu.

Sunday

If we go out on Saturday this will be meatloaf day, if not today will be baked ham, scalloped potatoes, and mixed veggies. I will make a tossed salad as well.

So there it is the menu for the week, using items that are already here in the house. 

Everybody have a wonderful day. 

God bless.

7 comments:

  1. Good Morning, I just read your Sunday post as well. We did get out and do a very ambitious walk on Friday...Church and lunch with our daughter yesterday...today a member of our women's group is having us over for lunch and a movie...She has a media room. My daughter says her muse is very insistent at the moment and so she is working on lots of crafts, mine is absent.
    I always like to read your menus. I especially like the meatloaf day and the date night. We need to have things to look forward to...
    you commented about vitamin D. I've been taking it for years...I am sure it helps. I also think that seasonal depression is a heredity thing. Once January is finished, I believe it will improve....it is only 20 degrees F right now which not normal for us but it will warm later in the week.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harvey's family for the most part do suffer depression and I actually think that Kurt is the first grandchild to actually admit he suffers from SAD. He says his will last until March.

      God bless.

      Delete
  2. YOu make me so *envious* with your neatly planned menu!

    Some how, we never seem to be able to do one. Silly, I know!

    Lucky you!!!!!

    ♫♪•*¨*•.¸🔥💛🔥¸.•*¨*•♪♫

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found I lose track of what I have in the freezer if I don't. I do still find the occasional surprise.

      God bless.

      Delete
  3. Meatloaf yum, I do so wish I lived close enough to pop around and join you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meatloaf isn't my favourite meal, but it is Harvey's. I try to make it once in awhile to please him.

      God bless.

      Delete
  4. We're finally getting some better weather, thankfully. Cabin fever is a real thing. This sunshine should be beneficial to us all.

    ReplyDelete