Saturday, January 25, 2020

Saturday Roundup

Oh my, has this week ever whizzed right on by. Soon we will be saying goodbye to January and hello to February!!

This past week has seen us ripping apart the bedroom and sleeping in beds that neither of us enjoy. That means very little sleep over the past three nights.

Harvey painted, filled in a few holes, and fixed the floor as well as cut new baseboards. I am a very messy painter so that was Harvey's job. Mine was sweeping and mopping when everything was done. I also did touch up paint jobs on the baseboard and removed all the tape.

Everything is back in place now and I am looking forward to a restful night. Pretty sure Harvey is as well.

I also moved things around in the sewing/craft room and will be finished up in there tomorrow. I won't be doing any crafting in there until Tuesday as I have prayer shawl ministry Monday and I want to make a trip to the library.

Of course while all this was going on a bit of decluttering took place as well. Not as much as I would have liked, but even a bit helps get closer to a simplified manner of living.

Menus were switched around as we had our date night. We went out for Chinese and you all know that is a meal that keeps on giving. The leftovers were brought home and fed us for another two nights plus lunch for Harvey today (I think a few night time munching was happening as well).

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

5 comments:

  1. Hooray, for the bedroom being done!!! And being able to sleep in your own bed again!!!!!!

    💖 💖 💖

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you'll be more comfortable back in your own bed. Good work getting the painting and repairing done so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must have been such a relief to get back to your own bed, I'm sure all your hard work and a little discomfort was worth it though for a fresh bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely. I hope you get a good night's sleep now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jackie, I am delighted that you stopped over my place for a visit, and left a comment. How nice to meet you. My husband and I are the tortoise and the hare when it comes to painting...he is slow and careful and me...well not so much. All fresh and new..it's good.

    ReplyDelete