Thursday, January 16, 2020

Thursday Tidbits

The last couple of days most people here are staying in and keeping warm. While not as cold as our neighbours to the west it has still been very cold and with the wind factored in dangerous to be outside.

So most of the time has been spent baking, or doing bits of cleaning and organizing around the house.

I finished cutting up all the stored t-shirt knit fabric that I had salvaged over the years and actually managed to get it all down to one box. Made a bit more storage room and that enabled me to put up the books I managed to buy on various sewing techniques.

The kitted knitting projects have also been moved from the floor in the sewing/craft room making yet more space to move around.

Work has been done on the prayer shawl and I am actually pleased with how much I have completed. I will soon be adding the second ball.

The same can be said about the temperature blanket for this year. It is only a row a day, but I can see some end in sight for a few of the balls of leftover yarn. Those that aren't used up this year, I will make mitts for our oldest to take to his school or to donate to a homeless shelter in his area.

Baking wise I have made a loaf of bread, cinnamon buns, and a chocolate Bundt cake. As tomorrow is not supposed to be much warmer than today (warmer by a few degrees) I plan on making those zucchini loaves I had planned on yesterday for the freezer and perhaps a rhubarb cake for the freezer as well.

I still have some organizing to do in the sewing/craft room but hope to be working on those sewing projects this weekend. Lots to do before winter ends so I can get some wear out of what I make.

Harvey and I are also working on our budget for this year. Hopefully it will be all set up very soon. I have noticed one thing and that is food is really going up in price and a grocery cart costs way more than ever before. Time to start thinking about what we can grow ourselves, harvest and process for the winter. Perhaps more container gardening will be in order, or perhaps Harvey can build some raised beds for less strain on the back and knees.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

3 comments:

  1. You sound like you've been very busy, Jackie. Stay safe in the cold weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your post...you are inspiring....I can't say I'm accomplishing much this month.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are in a very cold spell, and are planning on baking today too! :-)

    Yes, food does cost a lot. Even though there are just the 2 of us.

    Stay warm!

    ♫♪•*¨*•.¸ðŸ”¥ðŸ’›ðŸ”¥¸.•*¨*•♪♫

    ReplyDelete