Friday, January 10, 2020

Frugal Friday

I will fill you all in a bit on what has been happening in our lives tomorrow. I will just say it has been an unsettled time here and a whole lot of worry over what is going on in our eldest sons life right now. Things seem to have calmed down a bit, but you never know when they could explode into what I hope is not violence.

Hmmm, what 5 frugal things did I do this week.

1.  I managed to stretch a few meals into more than one meal and lunch. The sweet and sour ribs I made have actually stretched to 3 meals (one is in a container and frozen to be eaten when I really need a break from cooking), the spaghetti and meat sauce will have been stretched to 3 meals as well once we are done with it. Lots of great meals using very little meat (I wonder if Harvey has noticed that).

2.  Using up the fabric scraps by cutting them into useable squares for quilt projects down the road. I am also using up the knit fabric scraps as well by preparing them to make the rug that I have been planning for the last few years. I might not have enough strips to get it finished, but at least I will make a great start in a month or so.

3.  Combining errands to save on gas. I really would like to have this tank last until the end of the month, but considering warm up vehicle times I don't think that will happen. Still combining errands and trying not to use the vehicle unless necessary seems to extend a tank of gas very well.

4.  When grocery shopping I stuck to my list and buying sale items where possible. So in the process managed to save $38.63. Not bad at all.

5.  Drinking more water, which is actually in the grand scheme of things not only healthier for me, but actually saves cash. It is relatively inexpensive and much better for you when compared to sugary soft drinks.

Everybody have a wonderful day. 

God bless.

5 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that these have been worrying times. Hope your son finds a way to remove himself from the situation entirely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes to you, with the worry, which is happening...

    🔥💛🔥

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear that your son is having a difficult time. I hope things resolve themselves soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping that the situation with your son will be resolved without any significant issues.

    Well done on the savings. Something I learned years ago, is the motor of a vehicle only needs to run for about 2 minutes to be warm enough to drive. Of course, the interior isn't...and the tires often feel square for awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some great money saving tips, its amazing how far we can stretch food. Sorry to hear about your son, hope a resolution to his difficulties can be found.

    ReplyDelete