Saturday, January 18, 2020

Saturday Roundup

It has been a week of freezing temperatures, and some snowfall. It is supposed to warm up next week to about the freezing mark, which I will believe when it actually happens.

So since this week has been so cold, any trips made outside have been quick and necessary. No one in this house wanted to be out in the cold for any length of time. Severe cold warnings have that effect on most of us.

I only left the house on Monday for our Prayer Shawl meeting and to hit the bank, then on Thursday to go shopping and to have my mammogram done at the mobile clinic. For the first time ever my mammogram caused me pain and even left bruises and a bit of a scrape on one side. I think I might just go back to the place my doctor sent me the last time. They at least are gentle.

The rest of the days have been spent doing extra cleaning, cutting up my scrap material into squares to make quilt blocks, cutting up those old t-shirts into small strips, knitting and baking.

Here are a few of the items I baked.

Two loaves of zucchini bread which are residing in the chest freezer.

A chocolate Bundt cake that Harvey just had to try before I got a picture. 

I also made two loaves of bread and a batch of cinnamon buns. This kept me busy and out of trouble. 

This afternoon I had a nap, something that I don't usually do. It is rare that I can fall asleep during the day.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

1 comment:

  1. We have cold, but not like you do! And we finally got some more snow. I am so happy. It is normal to have snow cover.

    Oh your baking! You really did a lot of it! Wonderful!

    No, stay in as much as you can, in this weather.

    But I still love winter. Could not stand to live, without 4 seasons. -smile-

    ♫♪•*¨*•.¸⛄😊⛄¸.•*¨*•♪♫

    ReplyDelete