Saturday, June 13, 2020

Saturday Roundup

Well it is getting close to another weeks end and I have been thinking that perhaps I have been a bit negative this past week. It's time to pull up my socks and see the good in the week.

This lockdown or self isolation has drawn Harvey and I closer. We have managed so far not to kill each other (even though we have gotten on each others nerves at times). Harvey manages to talk me down when things get too contentious on Facebook and keep me on more or less an even keel. I am still flabbergasted at how people are complaining, but today I have been able to laugh at their crazy theories.

Our garden is coming up nicely and we have a few more ideas on how to improve our backyard and make it a haven of peace.

I have knitted a pair of socks this week and have started on the second pair for the week and am almost done those.

I have completed a couple of small goals this week, which makes me extremely happy. It also makes the bigger ones seem more in reach. Perhaps I will actually finish all my monthly goals for a change.

While the weather has not been very nice, lots of very windy days (weather advisories abounding this week for just that reason) I have managed my daily walks, got my steps in and even managed a bit of work in the gardens (more needs to be done tomorrow). Things are looking just lovely.

So even with my downs things are moving along. I just have to look for the wonderful and lovely a bit more often.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

5 comments:

  1. Glad you had a better day. This experience seems to be filled with lots of ups and downs from my perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like we're all having our share of ups and downs this lockdown. It's been useful for me to learn how to pick myself up from the downs and get over them. Such resilience is something that will help us in the future I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could have killed hubby on more than one occasion. I normally have a couple of days while he's at work to myself. It has been an invasion of my privacy but it had to happen. I dont know if he'll ever go back to work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we're all feeling the constraints of this pandemic and sometimes it just gets a bit much. But on the other hand, so far at least, none of our family and friends have been affected so we're doing something right.

    I just had some fresh lettuce from the garden, what a treat. It is so lovely to see the garden doing so well. We may even get some rain today, which would be nice.

    Take care and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't go on Facebook which saves a lot of tension, what you don't know you are not getting upset about. Glad you are able to get out and about for your walk, which must lift your spirit. Take care.

    ReplyDelete