Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Thrifty Tuesday

 


What thrifty happenings on the old homestead this past week. 


1.  I did some mending on seams on a few pairs of Harvey's pj bottoms. It seems like more and more seams are pulling apart as his pj bottoms get older.

2.  Cut some old t-shirts up for rags.

3.  Darned a pair of socks.

4.  Cut up some bits and bobs of fabric into 4" squares for quilts later on.

5.  Using up bits and bobs from the fridge and freezer to make new meals. Also making up a few TV type meals for Kris, when and if he ever makes it home once again.

6.  Still walking inside as it has been very cold the last few days.

7.  Put aside some plastic bags for Kris to use when cleaning Eiko's litter box. Using the rest for my decluttering/recycling/donating.


It really seems as if I do the same thrifty things each and every week. I am sure there are many other smaller things I do but I can't seem to remember them. Perhaps I need to list them as well.


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 


God bless.

I

5 comments:

  1. Well that is frugality in its essence. The repetition of things that save money or time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its because they are automatic that you can't always recall them, a way of life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You still found 7+ things to be thrify about this week. Yay! I used to make scarves out of old t-shirts. Had a scarf in each of many colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you did great. Mending and using up leftovers are two great skills for saving money and environmental impact.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with other comments, you do these things automatically as they are part of your day-to-day routine.

    Hopefully we'll be out of the deep freeze tomorrow. Take care, stay well.

    ReplyDelete