Saturday, August 7, 2021

Saturday Roundup

 


This week has passed by in a flash. I think it is because I have been busy dehydrating, making mint jelly, and getting those bucket pickles made. No pictures, but I promise to take some tomorrow.

Also our fridge is starting to act up and so most of the week has been spent researching and shopping for a new one. Decision was made today and we purchased a new one that will hopefully be delivered on the 21st of this month. 

This means eating down the food in the fridge right now and trying not to over buy over the next few weeks. Something that I could find difficult since garden produce is coming in hot and heavy.

Mornings have been spent working on harvesting and processing as well as the usual household chores. Afternoons are spent working on projects. I have almost gotten another row of grid done on the t-shirt rug. I thought Harvey would hate it as it is pretty wild, but he seems to really like it. Mind you he does seem to like to ask me if it isn't too much work.

Nights are spent either getting a blog post up and then knitting or just resting and knitting. 

I bought some grocery totes from Thirty-0ne because a good friend was having a party and these totes really interested me. Well this week I found I won a prize.... Picture to come tomorrow and I will be asking for ideas on how to use this.

Off to get knitting.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


8 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your fridge. It seems like all major appliances are so expensive these days. Our washing machine is going out and will have to be replaced soon. Congrats on winning a prize! I can't wait to see what it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buying a new fridge can be very expensive but it's something we cannot do without isn't it. You do have a while to wait for delivery, I hope your old one holds out a little longer.
    Exciting news about your prize! I can't wait to see what it is!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you could find a frig that could be delivered this month! Shopping is certainly different since the pandemic disrupted things so much. It sounds like you are very busy right now but great that your garden is producing well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also working on prepping all of our garden items. I find it both fun, and a bit overwhelming. Luckily, our two teenagers can consume all of the tomatoes without any processing, but the peppers require some work. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH no, I’m sorry your refrigerator is going down, what a poor time of year for that to happen with garden produce coming in daily. I hope it doesn’t go all the way down before your new one arrives in the 21st. Keeping my fingers crossed for you, Jackie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too bad about the fridge but glad you found a new one. Will they take away your old one?
    My daughter-in-law sells Thirty One but I've never really looked at what's available. The price always scared me!
    Congrats on winning a prize!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shame about the fridge. I'm looking at a new stove but I'm waiting for a scratch and dent sale so I can get a better price.

    Congratulations on your prize, looking forward to the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I AM LOOKING FOR A NEW OR USED GARAGE FRIDGE>

    ReplyDelete