Friday, September 15, 2023

Home Sweet Home

 


Well we are back, actually we arrived home yesterday. Tired, working hard getting things done that need to be done. My goodness my tomatoes went crazy and I managed to pick a number last night and processed them all today. Many more need picking, but laundry took precedence for much of the remainder of today. It is going to take awhile to get caught up on what needs to be done around the old homestead. 


Bills also needed to be paid and I did that first thing this morning. When I went online to pay them a notification came up that I had a GIC coming due the beginning of October and the bank was offering me a special rate. That rate was really high so I clicked that I would accept it. It is set for another year, and I am hoping when the next one comes due the rate offered is just as excellent. 


I hope to get pictures of our cruise off my phone and onto the laptop sometime tomorrow. We both enjoyed it so very much and we will be planning a cruise of the Greek Isles. Hopefully that will be done in December or early January. Hopefully in a small cruise ship like we were on for this one. Those huge ones scare me a little bit, this one that had only 1450 passengers on it and was a perfect fit for the two of us. 


Off to try and catch up with all of you, which of course will be a task that I am looking forward to.


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

13 comments:

  1. I will be looking forward to your photos. Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure why large ships seem scarier to you than smaller ones. The water is just as deep under one as the other!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm so glad you enjoyed your cruise. Looking forward to seeing the photos.
    Nice of the garden to keep producing, though it does mean quite a bit of work for you now. We haven't had a frost here yet, and the weekend is forecast to be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing all your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to hearing all about your trip. River cruising is one of my favourite vacations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you enjoyed your cruise, the garden doesn't stop growing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been wondering how your cruise went. So nice to be in a smaller boat. Like you i wouldnt want to be with 5000 people! Looking forward to seeing photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy you had such a lovely time. My goodness, you must have enjoyed it - planning another. That is why we are frugal isn't it? Getting to do such wonderful vacations!
    Do over do it this weekend - happy catching up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome home and safe and sound! Can't wait to see some photos now but no pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking forward to hearing all about your cruise. Understand completely the laundry and catching up after travels. I spent 2 wks in England, was home 2 wks and then headed to Williamsburg for a week...so, sorta in the same boat as you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome home. I'm so glad you enjoyed it so much you're having another one. Good for you.
    Slow and steady and you will catch up soon enough. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome home Jackie! You are amazing processing tomatoes on the day after you get back from vacation. Can’t wait to see your pictures. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you enjoyed your cruise. A Greek Island cruise sounds like a dream. I'd love that. Not sure I'll ever get OH on a cruise ship though.

    ReplyDelete