Friday, November 9, 2012

Saving Money and Having Fun Doing It

One of the other ways I manage to save a little bit of cash is to make my own decor.

A few years ago I made drapery for the school I worked at and one of the perks of the job (along with making some ready cash) was that I got to keep the leftover fabric to use for other projects.

This past week I pulled the fabric (or at least some of it) out and decided it was time to do something. I have wanted to make new drapery for our hall since we repainted this spring and this is what I came up with.


Notice the slight brown line just above the hem? I pulled out the stabilizer and some brown embroidery thread and added a bit to them.

Here is a close up of the embroidery.


 So for very little cost (the cost of the thread only) and a bit of time at my sewing machine, I managed to get drapes for our hall way. Total cost......$3.59. Not bad at all considering when pricing them out I figured I would have spent ten times that amount!!

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment