Saturday, November 10, 2012

The Perfect Day To.....

Today was the perfect day to stay at home and get some projects completed....

The reason being.....






Or this one.....





We got about 13 or so inches of snow overnight and spent much of the morning working our way to a clean driveway and front entrance. Once that was done, it was time to relax and get caught up on a few projects that I have been putting off.

I have said before that one of the ways I save money is to make many of my gifts for Christmas and birthdays. Today was perfect to get another two Christmas gifts made and ready to go.

A friend of mine was going to throw out some red and silver Christmas tree balls,. of course I spoke right up and took them home with me.  These were brand new and still in the boxes. My friend said that they were not what she needed and rather than spend the time taking them back she would just toss them. Hmmm, no way was I going to let that happen.

So today I got everything ready on the table.


I started two wreaths and got them finished in about an hour and a half.





Two more lovely gifts to give to others for a fraction of what they would cost to buy. My cost was some time, a few glue sticks, some burned fingers (I really need to watch what I am doing when I have a glue gun in my hand), grape vine wreaths bought on sale, and the gift of some red and silver balls. My total cost was about $3.00 each, which would be about an eighth of what it would cost to buy each of them in the store.

The snow is starting to fall once again, so I am looking forward to another day of getting projects done.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment