Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Goal Keeping

In keeping with my goal and sub goal for this month I made a new recipe out of the bag of leftover chicken from Sundays dinner.


 made this soup. So hot and spicy on such a cold night. It really filled the spot. Actually the recipe called for turkey, but since I am in a substituting frame of mind lately (saves time and money), I decided to use the bag of frozen chicken.

This is a keeper and I will be making it again when the feeling for a good hot soup hits.

Here is the recipe

Turkey Corn Soup

2 tbsp butter
1 cup finely chopped onion
3/4 cup finely chopped red pepper
2 tbsp flour
1 tsp paprika
6 cups chicken broth
2 cups finely chopped potato
1 tsp hot pepper sauce
2 cups leftover turkey chopped
13 1/2 oz can evaporated milk
1 cup frozen corn

Melt butter in large pot on medium heat. Add onion and red pepper and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring often until onion is softened.

Add flour and paprika. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes.

Add broth, potato, and hot pepper sauce (I had to make my own). Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium low. Simmer 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potato is tender.

Add turkey, evaporated milk and corn. Heat and stir for another 10 to 15 minutes.

You can garnish this with crumbled crisp bacon.

Enjoy.

I also worked on my sub goal which was to get all those loose recipes organized. I am happy to say I finished that part of my goal this morning. Ahhh, now I can think of a new goal for next month and a new sub goal that fits in with it.

I have been nominated for an award, but I am still figuring out if I have time enough to accept it. Find out tomorrow......

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


1 comment: