Sunday, May 4, 2014

Sunday Ramblings

Today has been an up and down day for me.

Mass was quite illuminating.... Father Brian talked about how we need to listen to God and follow what He wants us to do, rather than try to get God to follow our directions or listen to us. Hmmm, very strange that this was the homily today as I have been struggling with a question.

More and more I notice parishioners doing what they want, I am beginning to think that the community I always thought my faith gave to me is slowly disappearing. I am beginning to think that it is time to step back and pray about where God is leading me and what He wishes me to accomplish in this life. It is going to take some doing, but I need to do this for my own sanity and peace. What happened today has put a strain on how I feel about protocol and the things that are happening in our parish. Mainly how I am being treated in comparison to some others. It could be that I am just tired as well.

Here it is the beginning of May and what is the weather like????

Snow, and it is even sticking around..... I can not believe how strange the weather is this spring.

My bedding plants seem to be doing quite well however.

I can hardly wait to get to plant them in the boxes and planters. Well if it ever warms up and the snow stops falling........

I also picked out the material and patterns that I am going to cut out sometime this month.

Yes this is the sundress pattern again. This time however I am making it into a nightie. I am using flannel and very wide ribbon and in the winter I could wear a t-shirt under it for extra warmth.

Next.....

A lovely paisley material that I will make into a dress. There may even be enough left over to make a top. It just depends on which length I make.

This diamond light weight material will be used to make a lovely top that can be worn with many of the skirts and pants in my closet.

The last picture shows a group of fabric and one pattern.


I am hoping that I can make three tops. I have decided that this could quickly become one of my favorite patterns.


This is a new pattern and I hope that it is  an easy to sew one. I will be making the sleeveless style.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment