Sunday, May 11, 2014

Sunday Ramblings

The day started off rainy and cool. While it stayed cool, the rain stopped and the sun came out. Came to be a wonderful new day.

Mass was wonderful, we had a baptism today and that always is a treat. What wasn't a treat was while cleaning up one of the other clean up ladies decided that she should boss me around. Having her there made me feel very nervous and unsure. It was like I forgot everything I ever knew about being a sacristy helper and was just a nothing.

The sermon was about forgiving those that make you feel less than you are so I will be working on that this week. Seems to be a recurring thing with me lately.

Other than that little upset, my Mother's Day was wonderful. I got a phone call from both Kurt and Kris and it was wonderful to hear their voices. Kris said he will be coming home next weekend so we should have a nice long visit.

Started to buy even more flowers yesterday.

I bought two of these to put by the front door, but they look so nice hanging by the door we come in all the time I am going to leave them there and buy two more for the front.


This is the start of my plants for the deck and some of the baskets that hang from the back soffit. These are baskets that I usually make up myself. Some of these will go on pots that sit on the deck and there are a few tomatoes and herbs mixed in here as well. I have a long way to go before I am finished buying however. Hope I can find everything I want to make my yard lovely for the summer.  Hmmm, my deck needs painting and I hope to get at that this fall after Harvey replaces a few of the boards.

I got a wonderful gift from Harvey for Mother's Day.

A wicker rocker!!! I can just see myself rocking those lazy summer days away with a good book or some handwork. Once my work inside is done of course. I must remember not to spend too much time being lazy and unproductive.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.



1 comment:

  1. Lovely chair! (and I would hardly call you unproductive!)

    ReplyDelete