Saturday, March 6, 2021

Saturday Roundup

 

I missed Frugal Friday, but since I am staying home and using up well the day seemed to slip right on by. Hopefully next Friday will show some marked improvement in Frugal ideas.


It has been a long week, and yet not long. My surgery is now a week and a day past and I got to take the dressings off the wounds yesterday. Nothing seems to be amiss and everything looks to be healing well. However, once again I am back into a nightie just to make sure I don't overdo the next couple of days. Kind of hard to do a bunch of work when you are not dressed. I am hopeful that in another few weeks I can at least be driving myself to pick up the mail or drop something off at the church.


Seems lots of people were wrong. Most of my friends and family thought the doctor would have used some kind of glue....nope, I am the proud owner of 11 new stitches in various areas of my abdomen. If I would have read my discharge papers past the shower in two days, can bath in 7 and remove dressings, I would have seen that they were dissolvable/absorbable stitches and felt a bit more comfortable. 


Kris came home last night at around 4. Seems it was his Friday off (EDO). Today he told me he would vacuum, sweep and mop the floor. I may just swish the toilet with some cleaner, and leave the tub to him or Harvey. Perhaps the cleaning will kind of be done for the week.


My sister dropped off a card yesterday as well. She put a cheque into it and now I feel a bit better about ordering in (well at least for two or three meals). Today will be our first order and I am tossing between pizza and chicken... Pizza will more than likely win. 


Other than lying on the couch, taking the occasional walk outside (that is curtailed until at least Sunday), doing a bit of dusting and paperwork things have been pretty quiet around here.


A friend did a room on Facebook yesterday and I got to see her, and another friend to talk. I loved it and am thinking that might be another way of contact between friends if this stretches on too much longer. I do have a few other ways of talking to those who are far away, but I don't know if they have the same capabilities, where as most are on Facebook and can join in a room. May have to try this with a friend whom I haven't seen in a number of years and who is stuck in a LTC home as she can no longer walk. 


My days have been spent knitting, surprisingly not finished that prayer shawl as of yet. Seems to be taking awhile, but I do have nothing but time on my hands right now. I also copied down the temperatures from the historic temperature site to make the temperature blanket that represents the year Kris was born. I will more than likely work on that next month. 


I have become fascinated with the idea of different blankets and have been thinking of fashioning one that measures the precipitation in various years. Harvey said it would be pretty boring, but I think could be made interesting by adding in foggy days and even wind conditions. I will think on it a bit more.


Everybody have a wonderful day.


God bless.





10 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are coming along with healing, Jackie. Soon, 7 more days will be behind you, then 3 weeks, a month and you'll be wondering where the time went. Nice to have someone do the cleaning but it is one of those things that is not imperative, in my mind. :D Take care and behave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, very nice to have others helping with the cleaning. Sounds like you continue on your path to mending. I hope ev4ryday gets better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the "take care and behave" comment lol. Do exactly what you need to do to heal properly. On that note so glad to hear you are recovering well and getting better day by day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear that you are taking time to rest well, it is so important after an operation. Good to have a son who is happy to pitch in with the housework!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's wonderful that Kris arrived home to help with the housework. It may not be to your standards but giving him the opportunity to payback all the help you provided last summer is good for both of you.

    Take care, stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am happy you are taking it easy. It is hard I know as you are someone that wants to be busy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy to hear that you're recovering well from your surgery. Take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that blanket sounds wonderful. but what color will you use for wind?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the colour scheme I have sort of figured out.

      White-snow
      Light Blue- rain
      Light Grey- sleet
      Darker Grey- fog
      Cream- Windy

      And then on the days where nothing is really happening I am hoping to tie it all together with a shade of pink.

      God bless.

      Delete
  9. Yes, you stay in that nightgown, darlin'. Best not to tempt fate. If it's any consolation, I'm a retired nurse and I like staples MUCH more than the glue. Less complications with wound healing, if you ask me. So I'm glad you've got them instead of the glue. Happy Continued Healing! ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete