Monday, September 26, 2022

Menu Monday

 


After a couple of weeks not following my menu plans, rather just skimming along using leftovers, and quick cooking (well except for the falafel recipe) I hope to be better at this for the remainder of the month and for next month.


Monday

Leftover lentil curry served with rice and what seems to be an unending supply of cherry tomatoes from the garden.


Tuesday

Leftover roast beef made into stroganoff, served over leftover rice. I will use lots of mushrooms, green pepper slices, and onion in the beef mixture. Once again cherry tomatoes as a side dish.


Wednesday

Chicken strips (I have a bag that needs using) along with some Samosa's I purchased awhile back. Between the two I should have enough to fill us up nicely. Served with homemade fries, and corn.


Thursday

Leftovers from Tuesday but if there is nothing left, soup and sandwiches. My small container of leftover veggies from various suppers is full, time to empty it out and make more room in the fridge freezer. 


Friday

Tuna casserole.


Saturday 

Moussaka to use up the eggplants in the fridge.


Sunday

Steak, baked potatoes, and a salad.


Hopefully this time around I will stick with the plan. I need to get a bit of work done around the house right now. Harvey's cousin died on Thursday and the funeral is today. It has not really been a good couple of weeks here. I will visit you all a bit later.


Everybody have a wonderful day. 

God bless.

4 comments:

  1. It sure has been a rough couple of weeks for you. My sympathies on the passing of Harvey's cousin.
    I'm finally done with my tomatoes - the last of them were tossed this morning, as the fruit flies had done a number on them. I had the apple cider vinegar bowl beside the tomatoes - maybe that made both too attractive. But I still got three jars of sauce and one jar of salsa from my few plants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to read of the passing of Harvey's cousin Jackie ... I have been having a similar week by the sounds (well - month actually!) Your menu plan sounds wonderful - I've just made a fish pie which will do us for two nights along with veggies from the garden. I hope the week improves for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m sorry you’ve had a death in the family. Please accept my sympathies.

    Lucky you to have an abundance of cherry tomatoes. They are so good. I hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear of the death in your family.

    Lately we just are not eating that much - We seem to not have a big appetite. I'm sure it will pass.

    ReplyDelete