Friday, December 2, 2022

Frugal Friday

 


I have been inside all day, it is bitterly cold outside and really even with the sun shining most of the afternoon the temperature hasn't risen, in fact over the afternoon it dropped. Much nicer to stay in out of the cold even though Harvey went out and did a bit of shoveling.

We also got probably another 4 inches of snow. Made for quite the blanket today. Everything looks nice and clean though.


So, what are the frugal happenings this week here on the old homestead.


1.  Following the menu plan which is allowing me to make sure nothing is wasted.

2.  Added $75.00 to the savings envelope and another $3.55 to the change jars.

3.  Combined errands (when I could) to save on gas. We filled on the 7th of November and I still have about half a tank left. Should see us to almost the end of the month (might have to get gas on the 23rd to make sure we can get to family on the 25th). 

4.  Making sure I have full loads before washing. Hanging as much as possible downstairs.

5.  Using up odds and sods of thread in making the quilt. Really is clearing those odd colours out.


So, what frugal things have you been up to this week?


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jackie ... just catching up on your posts now. How pretty the snow must look. We have had very cold wet weather here too which is strange as we are now officially in to summer months. At least the rain has saved watering the garden. Enjoy the weekend Jackie. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't that a bitter cold, especially this early in the season? I stayed home too and did a little knitting and some housework. I do need to clear the driveway of the small amount of snow we've had since the last snowfall but I'll wait until it warms up some...maybe Sunday.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. With the absence of my debit card, I really curbed my expenditures this past week. When I have cash in hand - I am always reluctant to spend it. Hmmm, that’s a good thing.

    Stay warm and cozy. It’s that time of year so enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good week for you, Jackie. Except for the bitter cold, which I do not miss. Not that it isn’t cold here, but not like that bitter cold in Illinois. I wanted to say thank you for your kind comments on our cat Beaux Gatsby who passed away. It meant a lot to me. 😊 I hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our library does a printout when you check out books and it includes the amount of $$ you would have spent had you purchased the books. I'm always delighted when I see numbers upwards of a couple hundred dollars and am quite smug about the huge savings. The amount of books my Resident Chef and I read over the course of a year would cost us literally thousands if we were to buy them. So...the library is definitely frugal!

    ReplyDelete