Sunday, December 18, 2022

Sunday Ramblings

 


Both Harvey and I are doing so much better, not that the symptoms were really bad to begin with. Tomorrow we will test and see if we are now negative. 

I have managed to get lots of work done between bouts of resting (falling asleep in my chair for probably 15 minutes at a time). The quilt is done, and I have even managed to get a bit more baking done. Well, just two pans of squares done today and hopefully some peanut brittle done tonight (or another pan of squares). 

I am still without an oven, but I am hoping that Harvey gets it together next week. I want to bake cookies and having a working oven would make that so much easier. Pretty sure I will get the pies done early this week as well. Just in case. 

If I manage to get all the baking done (keep your fingers crossed for me), I may try and sew myself something new for Christmas. I have a lovely ice grey sweater knit top cut out and I think I have some darker grey fabric that I could make a skirt from. Neither would take a great deal of time to sew.

I am using up more of the bits and bobs of yarn in the basket beside my chair. I cast on yesterday evening and have almost finished the first ball on my next Bits and Bobs knit blanket. It seems as if the yarn just keeps on appearing. 

Our neighbour's fiancé cleared the road in front of our house last night which helped us out so much. Now Harvey only has to clean the driveway out. Which could be an ongoing project as every day for the next little while we are supposed to get some snow. It sure is going to be a White Christmas around here. 

My grocery list is ready for early in the week. I will be wearing my N95 mask and picking up a few more. I only did not wear a mask once when shopping and look what happened. I will be purchasing lots of items as the boys are home (means I will need lots of milk), and there are some really cold days coming up. I hate going shopping when it is really cold out. 

Supper tonight is going to be a roast pork loin, roasted potatoes, and roasted carrots. I hope to add some raw veggies and dip to the menu as well. Cleaning out the fridge to make room for those Christmas purchases.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.




6 comments:

  1. For the first time in ages I am having a grocery delivery. The shops are heaving with people .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to hear you are both feeling better. I have noticed there are a lot more masks out there these days. I'm sure it sounds odd, but I like mine because it keeps my face warm when I go from the car to the store. ;)
    Good luck with the oven and the baking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy to hear that you & Harvey are on the mend. I'm still praying for you both. Hoping that you'll get all your baking done in good time. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you're both feeling better. Just don't overdo it and take time to rest up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Baking without a proper oven must be a trial. I'm so pleased you are getting through your Covid without too much illness. Hopefully when you test again it will be negative. Sewing something new for yourself to wear over Christmas will be a real pick-me-up for you, since you have been unwell.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to hear you are both feeling a lot better. We've finally got rid of the snow from last Sunday here. It was raining and a lot warmer today and the snow all melted, which is great in terms of travelling to and from work.

    ReplyDelete