Friday, July 26, 2024

Playing Catch Up And Paying For It

 

Since coming home from Kris's place and the second trip to the city, I have pretty much been going steadily.


The cherries are all picked now.


These are from the second tree. After weighing them we managed to get 5 lbs. so there will be more than enough for some jam (to be made tomorrow, and perhaps another batch of cherry pie filling (though I will have to see how much Minute Tapioca I have). 


My infused oils are working there way to perfection on my sunny window sill. 


And dehydrating is going full blast. 

I have also been weaving, and knitting trying to stay in the cool of the house.

However we were out picking those cherries yesterday, and man even with a hat on it was hot and sunny. I think I may have been out a bit too long, or did not have enough rehydration happening. 

Now I feel like crap, which made grocery shopping today loads of fun (not!!) and trying to get anything but the basics done a bit of a problem. 

When the sun is setting I will go out and water my plants, wearing my hat and taking a bottle of water with me. Then pretty sure I will be hitting bed early.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

10 comments:

  1. Your cherries & the infused oils look so wonderful Jackie. Sorry to hear you are feeling so bad - yes the heat can sure do that. I hope you feel better soon. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do take care. It's easy to overdo things without realizing it. Hope you feel better after a good night's sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stop over doing it girl! That hot sun can mess you up. Get a very good nights rest tonight. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As the others have said - too easy to overdo things - take care and take the time you need to recover fully. The plans for the cherries, etc, sound wonderful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do hope you are feeling better this morning. Those cherries look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your comment on my blog..Jack Rabbit & Cougars...what? I would scared to death....never seen neither...wow! Yes this heat is ridiculous..the cherries look good, I love cherry pie. Thank you for stopping and visiting & leaving your lovely comments. thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to read that you aren't feeling at all well. Look after yourself and take things easy, and hopefully having an early night will make you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Be careful out in the sun. This year it seems to be particularly dangerous and so easy to overheat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, those cherries are beautiful! Sounds like you will be turning those into some real goodies. Your infuse oil looks so good in the window as do your dried herbs. You've been very busy catching up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you're feeling better soon. Sun stroke is no joke. Those cherries look lovely. I've been drying a few herbs, i.e. sage and rosemary to use in some capacity.

    ReplyDelete