Sunday, July 28, 2024

Sunday Ramblings

 


After two days of headache, I seem to be fine now. I swear that I will always put a hat on outside, even if it is just to go and snip a few herbs in the early morning (or hang out clothes tomorrow).

The church was not very full today, but of course our priest got fairly excited as he continued with his sermon. When this happens he speaks really quickly and his accent becomes more pronounced making him very difficult to understand. Still he really tries to slow down, and I am sure with time he will be able to do so.... However he really should not sing the Mass, that singing voice leaves a great deal to be desired (much like mine).

Once home Harvey made us a brunch and I got a bit more of the household tasks completed. Then went to my friends to water her plants. 

I put on my hat awhile ago and went out to see what I could collect from the garden. I got a handful of beans (which I added to the salad) and 5 small cucumbers. The cucumbers will be cleaned and put in a cool place so as one day this week I can perhaps make a few jars of dill pickles with any others I am lucky enough to pick over the next few days. 

No herb picking or dehydrating took place today as I slept in and needed to get other things done or at least started before Mass. 

The afternoon (well the greatest percentage of it) was spent weaving. I am getting to the end of the first shuttle and so wound the second one in preparation for when it will be needed. Still not banging the weft as straight as I would like, but I am improving. I think this scarf will be done by the end of the second week. Loom will go away once again and I will do some sewing and quilting. 

I have a pile of mending to do as well and I still need to plan what will be re-fashioned and what will be donated. Still other old items of clothing will be cut into fabric that I can use to quilt. Winter is coming and having a blanket or two in our vehicles is perfect. I'd like to get some made for Kurt and Kris as well, one never knows what Saskatchewan or Alberta weather will be like during the winter.

This next week will be quiet, at least until Kris and Eiko arrive for a visit. It will be nice to just stay close to home and get things done around here. I am really going to have to tell my friend (once she is home from her trip) that perhaps coffee every day will be out for a bit.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


6 comments:

  1. I can't wait till the Fall and winter. I'm already so sick of summer.
    Your weaving sounds very relaxing and soothing. I haven't relaxed since Friday with the fire. I'm not sleeping well. I skipped church today because I was not feeling well from lack of sleep.
    Funny about your Priest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are feeling better, you sure did over do yourself. You have to be more careful.
    I love that you have extended yourself to learning the weaving. Very useful and a fun thing to learn.
    You need coffee with your friend for me time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad the headache has eased off - yes, don't forget that hat! And the weaving sounds great! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to hear that your headache has resolved itself. Do take care in the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear your headache is gone. Hopefully it'll stay like that... I struggle with regular headaches too, one time worse than the other, and it's just so hard to function when they suddenly appear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to get around to doing some quilting again at some point. I just don't seem to find the time or inclination lately. I miss it though and have plenty of projects I could work on.

    ReplyDelete