Sunday, December 1, 2013

Sunday Ramblings

It is the beginning of the Advent Season, waiting for the birth of Christ. Today Father Brian spoke on how Advent is a time of waiting and how in today's society people want instant gratification. We need to learn patience and be willing to wait for what is really important in our faith lives. We were given a challenge to listen and watch for where God is in our lives.

I spoke to Kris today, and he did not sound too happy. I really do hope that he is not slipping into depression again. He mentioned in a text that he was not having a good week. Of course that got me worried once again. Tonight he said he is not going to worry about "it", whatever "it" is...... Now this did get me worried and I plan on lighting a candle and saying an extra prayer for him for the next while.

I have two half days and a full day of subbing this week and to make matters worse we are heading into our first storm of the winter season. I sure hope that the rain the weather pundits have forecast does not appear. I would much rather drive through 5 inches of snow.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment