Sunday, December 8, 2013

Sunday Ramblings


 The Second Sunday of Advent has come and gone. Today we lit the candle for Peace.......

This week has ended on a very peaceful note in the Phillips household. It has been so bitterly cold that we have gone no where for the entire weekend. When the wind chill makes it feel like almost  -40 C a person just stays in as much as possible.

Peace is something we all reach for, but in this world is so far away from our reach. We lost a wonderful statesman this week with the death of Nelson Mandela. A man who reached out to those of his country men and women in need. He is so right hate is learned at a young age while love is something that is in our hearts from the time we are born. To have true peace one must love all of mankind no matter their race, belief or even unbelief. I hope sometime that I can be even half the person he was.

I spent today in the sewing room for the most part. I was busy making fabric gift bags.

Here are a couple of pictures of what I came up with.

The glitter glue ones are still drying, but the others are ready to use. The green and gold ones were made out of an old Christmas table cloth, the red ones were made out of leftover red fabric from an altar cloth I made for the school and the green ones were made out of a drapery panel from our living room. There is enough of the green damask material to make a few more, which I plan on doing later this week. This was good frugal use of fabric. I do have some snowmen fabric I want to use up as well. All these bags were made with items from my stash. Got to love a good stash!!!!

I am also using up bits and bobs of yarn knitting mitts. Slowly but surely I am decluttering both my yarn and my fabric.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment