Sunday, December 22, 2013

Sunday Ramblings


Today was the fourth Sunday of Advent, bringing with it the lighting of all the candles in our Advent wreath at church.

Today the candle represents peace.... Something that can be difficult to find in our hectic world at this time of year.

Right now I feel at peace because one of our sons is home and under our roof once again. It may only be for a week, but once he is joined by his brother my home will feel much like it did back when they were growing up and I could see them each and every day. I can see that they are healthy and growing to either love their chosen professions or willing to work at those chosen professions.

I also feel peace because the weather is so cold that I am getting to stay in and putz around the house doing all those little things that make a house a home.

Today we (meaning Harvey, Kurt and I) went and helped decorate the church for Christmas. As I hung decorations on the two large trees in the sanctuary I reflected on how peaceful the church was and how everyone there seemed to know exactly what they were doing. It was also wonderful having those of my family that were home there helping as well. Isn't that what peace is, a group of people working together for the good of their community. Now if only we could take that out to the rest of the world.

I was going to make this top out of the stretch velvet I had left.

It seemed that no matter which way I laid the pattern or which way I folded it there was just not enough.

So I decided to make the vest instead.

 Hopefully it turns out. I just don't know if stretch velvet is the right fabric for this.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment