Thursday, December 19, 2013

Thursday Tid Bits

Boy can you ever tell that the longest night of winter will soon be upon us. The sun is coming up later and later while setting earlier and earlier. Soon however the reverse will begin and I can hardly wait.

Tomorrow we lay Sister Adelaide to rest. The emptiness that her passing will leave behind in our parish will take a long time to replace.

Just a bit on what has been happening around the old Phillips homestead.

I managed to finish all the mitts for the men in my family.


 Each of the men in my life will be receiving 2 pairs of mittens just like those pictured. They are bagged and ready to go under the tree. A pair of grey and a pair of navy blue, after all you can never have too many pairs of mittens in the house.

I also managed to get my Christmas skirt sewn.

I have about a meter left of this stretch velvet and so will try making a top to go along with it. I had thought about making a vest, but just do not think the material is suitable for such a project. I do have a lovely pattern that I have used over and over again that I plan on using. I may even do a bit of metallic embroidery on it just to give it a bit of glitz. I will try and remember to post a picture of it once it is done.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment