Tuesday, March 31, 2015
Thrifty Tuesdays and Update on Months Goals
When we went on our stock up trip I mentioned buying sandwich meat in large rolls. Sunday and Monday were spent slicing and packaging it up for future use.
I don't have photos of the bacon and the salami, but we got 6 1 lb packages of bacon and 6 packages of salami.
Total cost to buy everything was $100.00 and by slicing it all we managed to get what would have cost us over $300.00 at a grocery store presliced and packaged!! We saved over $200.00 and have sandwich meat and bacon to last us months. All it took was a bit of time.
1. Continue with the cross stitch dragon. I have been working on this and can see the end in sight. It isn't done yet but getting very close.
2. Work on using up those odds and ends of yarn. I have put this aside for now as I need to get working on some other projects, but I did manage to get a few of those odd ball pieces used up
3. Declutter the house. I managed to keep on doing this as I spring cleaned rooms and will update you all on "Project Declutter" tomorrow.
4. Scan pictures and burn DVD's. I am getting these done as fast as I possibly can. I do believe that this will be another ongoing goal for the year. I am about 1/3 done and getting much faster. Hoping for only another month or two on this project.
5. Start bedding plants. I did get this goal completed. I have started my Moonflowers, some more ivy and some tomatoes.
So I did manage a few things but not as much as I would like to have gotten done.
Everyone have a wonderful evening.