Sunday, April 12, 2015

Sunday Ramblings

Today the Church celebrated Divine Mercy Sunday.

Father Brian told us that this is not about empty devotions, rather it is about the mercy Christ imparted with His Divinity. That we should be more open to acts of mercy, love and compassion to those less fortunate than we are.

Father went on to mention that Pope Francis has announced a year of mercy to begin in the fall of this year.

We must show mercy, and do charitable acts with no thought as to what we can gain from them, not for our glory but rather for the glory of God and his Son. Considering some of the political jockeying going on in our Parish right now this could be an eye opener for some people. I will continue to do what I am able to do and hopefully things will settle down very soon.

Today I was very grateful for the sunny, breezy day. I have actually managed to use my outside clothes line twice now. It was wonderful seeing the sheets fluttering in the wind.

Nothing reminds me so much of the beginning of spring than the smell of line dried items.

I also recycled three more used candle jars.

I still have to use some Goo-B-Gone to get rid of the sticky residue from the labels, but then these will be ready to use in my sewing room to store thread and perhaps some buttons.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.



No comments:

Post a Comment