Friday, December 2, 2016

Frugal Friday

Wow, are the weeks ever speeding by this year.

Here are my frugal five for this week.

1.  I am working on some cross stitch ornaments that I inherited from my mother. Free decorations for the tree, just have to spend a little bit of time getting them done.

2.  I managed to save $ 6.00 on the grocery bill this week. While this does not seem like much, it was saved without using coupons at all.

3.  Came in under the total budget for the month, and it looks as if we could be under budget for the year.

4.  Making sure the lights are off in rooms we are not using. Shutting the doors to rooms that are not being heated right now as well.

5.  Using up items in the house to make meals. I love cooking once and eating twice.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

2 comments:

  1. Well done for coming in under budget, it's always a great feeling. I was well under our household budget last month, I was delighted, especially as I bought extras like a mirror. Writing everything down is making a big difference.

    Cooking once and eating twice is one of my very favourite things too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cooked once today and I think we'll be eating it 3 or 4 times this week. I like to keep adding to leftovers to make even more meals.
    xx

    ReplyDelete