Friday, December 9, 2016
My frugal five during this cold and snowy week.
1. Baked bread twice this week as well as make some baking powder biscuits.
2. Used a $10.00 off coupon to buy our turkey for Christmas dinner.
3. Got the draught (draft, never know which way to spell that darned word) dodgers out and placed them in front of the doors.
4. Using up some leftover yarn from other projects to knit myself some new mitts (all my old ones seem to have disappeared).
5. Doing the regular use it up, wear it out, make it do, and substituting ingredients that I do every day.
It has been so cold and snowy that since the first of the month I have been lucky enough to string together 8 no spend days. I suppose there are advantages to living in a place where temperatures can range from 110 F in the summer, to -42 F (even lower with the wind chill) in the winter.
Everybody have a wonderful evening.