Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Thrifty Tuesday

I am being my regular thrifty self this week. Baking was all done on one day so I didn't waste energy by having to warm the oven up two days. Baking also kept the furnace from running on that cool day thus saving on natural gas usage.

I hung 3 loads of washing on the lines in the basement yesterday. While I still had to use the dryer for the towels at least I managed to get other items dry without resorting to more power usage. Sure they weren't dry until this morning, but dry without the use of electricity.

Tonight I made my meatloaf, and since I am trying very hard to cut down on our meat consumption I only used about 1/2 the usual amount of ground beef. It turned out very well and Harvey didn't notice that it wasn't as "thick" as it usually is. I think I may try individual meatloaves the next time. The extra can then be frozen for another meal later.

Still using everything up that I can, and making sure that nothing is thrown out if it can be used elsewhere. 

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment