Monday, February 5, 2018

Menu Monday


Ahhh, another week and I am hoping that we get out of the polar vortex that has attached itself to my province over the last few days.

I did a bit of switching this week to take advantage of items that need to be used up. I am also still trying to cook once and eat twice whenever possible.

Monday

Leftover ham and scalloped potato casserole. I plan on serving this with some raw veggies and dip.

Tuesday

Meatloaf, mashed potatoes and green beans. I plan on making enough meatloaf to have later in the week as well. I sometimes wonder about those individual meatloaves, would they be something we would be able to freeze. Or would Harvey figure he needed to eat more because they are smaller...... Something to ponder.

Wednesday

Soup and egg salad sandwiches. Got to use up some more of the frozen split pea soup.

Thursday

Here is where the leftover meatloaf comes into play. I think some homemade fries and some carrots from the deep freezer will be the sides today.

Friday

Trout fillets, more homemade fries, and some coleslaw to round everything off.

Saturday

I plan on making a very large slow cooker full of stew. What we don't eat will be frozen to use later next week.

Sunday

Baked ham, mashed potatoes, and salad.

Everybody have a wonderful day.

God bless.

8 comments:

  1. I hope it warms up for you too. I don't like the cold. I find I have to do a switch around of my menu so there is no waste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to switch things around a bit last week as there was a great deal leftover from meals. I ended up not having soup one night and really missed it.

      God bless.

      Delete
  2. I love the way you plan your meals, I plan ahead in my mind, I am not one of these cooks who decides at the last minute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started planning my meals when the boys were young. Hockey, baseball and soccer always seemed to take up so much time that having planned ahead things went much smoother.

      God bless.

      Delete
  3. I notice that you don't eat a menu item two days in a row but rather you repurpose it. I will eat something repeatedly until it is gone or even I am tired of it. There's still tortellini soup in the fridge from last week.
    Mon - leftover sheet pan fish/vegetables
    Tues - homemade pizza
    Wed - frittata
    Thur - roast chicken/salad
    Fri - butter chicken w/ rice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once in awhile we will eat something twice in a row, but I have found that Harvey prefers me to repurpose the meal.

      God bless.

      Delete
  4. Sounds delicious, Jackie. I love meatloaf, egg salad sandwiches and scalloped potatoes. Good comfort food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Comfort food, especially during the winter Mary is the best.

      God bless.

      Delete