Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Thrifty Tuesday

Another cold and blustery day. I swear we have more snow than yesterday, though much of it could have just blown around into hard drifts and banks.

I did my mending today, turned up and fixed a hem or two, sewed a ripped seam, and darned a pair of socks. 

Some of Harvey's old t-shirts have been turned into rags after cutting off the buttons. 

More of the leftover bits and bobs of yarn are slowly being added to the blanket of many colours and a skirt was cut out using fabric I have had in my stash for awhile. The extra fabric was refolded and put away for use in some other project, the scraps put in the scrap basket to be cut later. I want to try my hand at a rug that uses old knit fabric, so I may as well use this fabric as well.

Cleaning was done using dish soap or vinegar. My house smells nice and clean.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

1 comment: