Sunday, April 29, 2018

Sunday Ramblings

Yesterday I spent most, well all of the morning at a workshop at the church. We are working on a new vision and mission statement. Lots of work, but very little was really accomplished other than gathering ideas. The vision and mission statement we have now is about 40 years old so is actually quite out of date.

Then it was home and I started to move my winter clothing out of my closets. I am still going to keep some sweaters handy just in case this lovely warmth disappears. Still have things to move but my hand and wrist are causing me a bit of a problem (could be the arthritis that the physiotherapist said would now be apparent, and we are supposed to have a bit of a change to cooler temperatures and rain).

Mass was actually quite short today. I think it was because Father was going to have to give another Mass later this afternoon for Confirmation. Having two long Masses in a few short hours would be trying to say the least.

This was the 5th Sunday of Easter and we heard about how God is pruning away the dead wood and fashioning us into a people of faith. Sending new shoots forth and enabling us to become more attached to the vine (Jesus). Seems to me that is what spring is all about, new growth not only from things already planted but in our hearts and minds as well.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Jackie...our faith is like everything else; we must nurture it and add newness to it all the time.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete