Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Oh My

 We are back into the deep freeze. At least today, so far we do not have the wind we had yesterday, the slight breeze we have today is making it feel cold enough.


Both our sons should be back at work. Kris actually went back on Monday, or so he informed us when I phoned him last night. Kurt should be back in his classroom teaching today. Nice to know they are both well on the road to recovery.


Harvey and I, well we are trying our best to stay occupied here at home. Harvey has two wine kits working away in the primaries upstairs here (my kitchen, dining room and office smell like a winery) and is busy working on his first puzzle of the winter. Me, well I am sewing, knitting, working on the rug, and doing my organizing and decluttering. I have now got the front of the house done and hope to work on the hall closets, and the hall pantry tomorrow. 


Keeping busy is actually saving my sanity. If I spent too much time thinking about the state of my city, well I just might go off on a terrible rampage online, thus alienating family and friends. Something I just do not want to do. So I take a deep breath and get buried in work, hobbies, or trying to find new and interesting ways to add more frugality into our lives.


With that idea in mind and the organizing of various areas of the house happening I have pulled some reading material from my shelves.


Hoping for some fresh new ideas. If I can't find anything in these there are a few more gracing my shelves that I can dive into.


Everybody have a wonderful evening (or day depending where in the world you reside). 

God bless.

8 comments:

  1. Happy reading! We're freezing down here in the Chicago suburbs as well- likely not as cold as you, but that windchill is just terrible!

    I've read Suddenly Frugal and wasn't hugely impressed by it, but my husband really likes Save $20,000 with a Nail, and I know he's gotten a few money-saving house repair tips out of that one. Hopefully you'll find lots of useful things in these books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very glad that your boys are feeling better and back to work. That has to be a relief for everyone.
    Enjoyed seeing your book pile and have written down a couple titles to search for at the library. I'm an 'organizational book' junkee and read every one I can get my hands on. Unfortunately I don't think much of them has managed to sink in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear of your deep freeze but i guess that is Canada. Stay warm and busy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those books look very interesting. Enjoy reading them. I tried to go to our library twice yesterday,first time they were closed for staff training. The notice said they'd be closed until two, so I wrongly assumed they'd be open then. When I went back at 4, they were still closed. I might try again today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad your sons both got through their episodes with Covid quickly. As a mom, I know your relief.

    Interesting pile of books. Enjoy your reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy to hear that your sons are better. Hope you & Harvey stay safe & warm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry, I am laughing at you going on a terrible rampage. I just can't imagine you doing that. But it is difficult with this pandemic and the attitudes of some of our fellow.... I don't have a nice way to describe them. It is hard to stay busy, when we feel so locked down.

    ReplyDelete
  8. interesting all the views on covid vaccine........I try to going out mush at present....essential jobs only.......

    ReplyDelete